I really love zucchini fritters, especially in summer. I do not cook them very often, but I always eat with great pleasure. By the way, they can also be served as a side dish, for example, to fish.
They are done very quickly and simply, especially if there is a food processor at hand that will help them quickly grate. Training and skill need a minimum, and the result is always a maximum of pleasure. I highly recommend this Zucchini Fritters recipe!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 7-10 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 Zucchini (medium size ~ 10oz)
- 0.5 cup grated cheese (Parmesan or regular)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp minced garlic (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- Grate the zucchini on a coarse grater manually or using a food processor. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and leave for 5 minutes to give the zucchini juice.
- After the time, carefully squeeze the grated zucchini. I use a clean, fine net for storing vegetables for this process.
- Put into a dry, deep bowl. Add finely chopped or dry garlic, one egg, 2 tablespoons of flour and grated cheese. If you want, you can add herbals – it can be parsley, dill, cilantro. Use whichever you like more. Mix well with a fork. If the “dough” turns out to be too liquid, add some more flour.
- Fry the fritters in olive oil in a well-heated pan until cooked. Usually, it is 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. To make the form more accurate, you can use the culinary ring when putting it on the pan.